Most of us have a LinkedIn profile, but we don’t provide the proper care and feeding.
I frequently present on how to optimize your LinkedIn profile.
You can start your LinkedIn profile learning by viewing the LinkedIn Training: Improve your profile on the world’s largest business network slides. Then follow up with an objective assessment of your own profile.
- Does your headline reflect your unique qualities?
- If you are job searching, does your headline reflect your availability?
- Do you update your status frequently?
- Does your network know of your availability?
- Do you keep in touch with your network?
- Do you use LinkedIn as a social conversation?
You have a network, now use it for the better good.
For the technical communication professionals in the Mid-Atlantic geography, I was an invited speaker at the Philadelphia Metro Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication in April 2012 meeting: Optimizing LinkedIn for Technical Communication Job Searching and Network Building.